How i got into DoD

J. Brown

So the reason i am in this MRB is because of multiple reasons for one which is my birthday i got a brand new gaming desktop and started playing again then i started playing on your servers since 2008 on my cousins house when i was little and i've always wanted to join and today i finally did i wont ever leave this unti i have legitiment reason. I enjoy being in this comunity so please.. tell me how did everyone else get involved in DoD and MRB?

I bounced around in a lot of games. I was a huge fan of tf2 untill they brought trading in and ruined the game. Then i moved to left 4 dead2 for a bit. my dad and bro didnt have pc's of their own and wanted to play togeather so we started going to a gaming cafe every once in a while. By chance we would play dods usually and get a lan going. They got real into it so when my bro got a pc of his own he bought it and then i eventually decided to buy dods too. couple weeks later i fell inlove with the game and the 1st mrb server so I enlisted. (one of the very few servers i have ever even played lol) and here i am 5 and a half months later from enlistment and 509 hours of dod game play.

So I bought the Valve pack back in the winter of 09' but didn't play DoD:s until around May of 2010, where Teachey (he was a MSgt. in this unit if you didn't know) and I decided to play a bunch of random games in the valve pack such as old DoD and Source. Well, we happened to stumble upon the 1st MRB server, and Teachey got really well acquainted with people in the unit, while I preferred straying from it. I think people at the time, particularly Wells gave a good first impression of the 1st MRB, and him being a WWII fan, he decided to join and do realisms. Somehow he managed to convince me to enlist back on June 4, 2010 and I was accepted into the unit. I passed my BCT with having then Sgt. McKenzie (Now WO.) and then SgtMaj. or 1stSgt. (can't remember) K. Swartz (now 1stLt.) as my DIs. I didn't really get into the unit even after my graduation, and contemplated leaving as I pretty much sucked at the game (I'd always try and avoid being on Axis side as much as possible as I couldn't hit a target with the K98 to save my life). I tried a few realisms but didn't get into it and actually thought it was boring.

However, I met several people, some of which are no longer in the unit, and most who showed me the ropes of playing DoD:S and being in the realism unit. Over time, I learned a lot about realism and the realism community and the history of the unit and its founding members. A lot of the veterans in the unit will probably recognize these names: Phan, Ollhoff, Collins, Wingate, Miller, Tolomeo, Legend, Collazo, Wells, Ritchey, Dillon, Twitty, Harlan, Humble, Parker, Zahl, Englebretson and many more whom I don't have the patience to go back into the archives and look, sorry guys. (Dillon and Twitty were BCT 139 Grads like myself, along with Teachey, Coogan, and CWO. Berg in the Euro BCT 139). Getting to know the unit and its members is something I probably won't be able to experience in any other online video game.

I remember the first time I ever got a PTU it was from Collazo on jagd because I think I was camping somewhere with a Garand. Hell if I know now. I remember staying up until 4 AM PST pubbing with Parker and a few other guys while they tried to come up with a nickname for me and finally "Kaba" stuck. I remember getting the crap scared out of me by then TSgt. Wingate during one realism when he saw our Enlisted line on the back wall completely screwed up, and yelled at us. I remember seeing the then 1/1 Squad Leaders: Collins, Miller, and Phan as the deadliest trio I'd known up to that point. In fact, my first realism ever was on dod_adenau against the 9th ID, and we had all three of those guys on our team, and if memory serves me right, I didn't get to see much action because of them :/ but we still won so who cares now. I remember Kirkendall retiring shortly after I had just joined the unit, before I had ever gotten to see him in action, so all the talk about his legendary skill would grow into legend in my mind, until of course he came back. I remember viewing the Officers as intimidating and I really didn't want to get to know them that well, but all of that changed over the course of that summer two years ago. I remember hearing then 2ndLt. Zahl and 2ndLt. Englebretson make erotic, weird jokes whenever I had the luxury of being the same vent channel. So yeah, there's probably a lot more that I'm forgetting, but you get the idea. I had an awesome time learning about this unit and its core members, and I still do to this day. Summer is when I'm most active, as I'm rarely around several days in a row during the school year.

Just know that you've joined a good community that has been an awesome place for me to represent for the past 2 years in both the 1st MRB and BAR (I retired back in 2011 as a GySgt. and joined BAR for about a month until I came back to the 1st MRB. It's true what Parker always says on retirements: They always come back) Perhaps we all do because we know in our hearts that the 1st MRB is a place where we can chill and play other games with each other, or just hang out in vent and chat for hours on end. Believe it or not Rec., everyone of us in this unit started out just like you: a person new to the world of realism and had to start from the bottom and work our way up, and yes that includes the Officers too. Imagine our officers running around with tags like Pvt. or Sgt, it's weird, huh? (Actually here's a

that shows just that. Made by Kirk a couple of years ago in another unit). So we're glad to know that you intend to stay, but keep in mind that it's a long road, but you'll have many people willing to guide you along your way.

Anderson told me last year to buy DOD:S and i was like ''what the fuck is that?'' and he was like ''It's an awesome game and im in a unit'' and after that I told my mum to buy the fucking game when it was on sale and i started playing some, but I DIDNT LIKE IT???? So after that i stopped playing and started playing other games and went to school in better times. But then the summerbreak started and i felt like i missed something...

It was a great feeling when i started up the DOD:S and played some, after that i did my re-enlistment and i got in! Now i feel like being someone important and i feel home. This unit is like a second family to you and you will feel that in a bit so i just want to say that you really should try to follow the weapon restrictions (You get better with the rifle and that's a PROMISE!) and you should be in vent and talk to the funny group of people there is! Also i want to thank everyone for doing what they do YOU ARE AWESOME 1stMRB members!

I've played DoD for years was in 2 units on there. When DoDS first came out I tried the weekend pass, punching people kills them? Lol fuck that. So I didn't get it then after abour a year it was like kk DoD is really dying. So I bought the game DoDS. I always like units you know, no shit takers. So I played on the 6th RB for awhile was going to join until some random 6th RB sgt started yelling at me for no reason. Was like fuck that guy. Played on 1st MRB, Jones smells my british jumps on me like a cat in heat goes you should join. So i did.

I've played WoW for a long time now. So the last couple of years Ive stuck around mostly to hang out with online friends and raid. Once raids were over a couple of buddies would start talking shit to each other , in vent, while playing CS:S. So I bought the CS:S and DOD:S box and joined them for about 2 weeks. Then they got burned out on CS and hardly played. I explored DODS and liked it alot more, the maps were more interesting and it reminded me of when I played CoD on my PS2. So I explored the ego servers, trying to find anything with people in it and I stumbled upon the 1st MRB server. The first 3 nights Francour was in there making everyone laugh with his voices. Then somene else asked about realism, and I got the explanation. I joined about a week later, the only one left from that BCT is Wells! Mckenzie and Dawson were my DIs, though I think Parker filled in for Day 2, and I shot him in the back in Donner ally ruins...by accident of course. Wow its been along time. Im glad Ive met all of you. I know I don't socialize much with you guys, mostly from being shy I guess, but being in this Unit has been about the greatest online thing Ive ever done. :) Now I feel like pubbing it up, see ya guys in there!

Always loved DoD. Played it on my friends computer when I was a kid. This game was the only game that would run on my old desk top. Main reason I picked this server was the 10x clip for the secondary. Mainly the M1 carbine ;D then I fell in love with the unit. Don't ever see myself leaving it. 1st MRB all the way!

So the reason i am in this MRB is because of multiple reasons for one which is my birthday i got a brand new gaming desktop and started playing again then i started playing on your servers since 2008 on my cousins house when i was little and i've always wanted to join and today i finally did i wont ever leave this unti i have legitiment reason. I enjoy being in this comunity so please.. tell me how did everyone else get involved in DoD and MRB?

Lol I guess he got his legitimate reason.

I got a macbook in september 2011, wanted some games to play, so I used a friends steam account. DOD:S was one of the few games I was able to play, and I started playing. Found this server and wanted to join, not even knowing what a realism was. Got my own steam account, joined end of december, and loved it. I will never leave this unit, as long as its here. Everyone in the unit, has made me feel welcome, part of the team, and helped me through the worst times.

DOD:S for me is this unit.

I played some years in css, but when I bought the CSS package followed the couple of games (, half life, and of course dod.s) after two years of css, I started getting bored and looking for other games, when I came across dod.s and started playing it, I thought it was interesting games.

I played on many different servers, strangely enough, I found no 1st MRB until not so long ago and do not regret for a second that I become a member of the MRB, everyone is like a big happy family, we laugh, support each other and encourage each other etc which I appreciate very much.

Appreciative of it is actually having such a relationship together, which I never in my life have experienced. I've already had so many funny experience with this unit.

1 st MRB has an incredible set of practices, forums and much much more that I like quite well,

I envision that I will have many wonderful years with everybody who is in 1st MRB now and those who come, everyone who are in 1st MRB is an incredibly nice people and respect you if you respect them: D