guitar tabs

J. Clark

Not sure if they're up your alley, but - I found that the band Live had a really fun cd to learn - it was Throwing Copper.

It was (is) one of my top 5 favorite cd's of all time, and one of my first guitar books I ever bought. I learned that thing cover to cover. And it helped a lot with learning bar chords. Fairly simple, straightforward music with a pretty easy beat/rythm and a great way to learn.

I also learned Stairway to heaven by Led Zeppelin (and I had the guitar books to all of their cd's).

Focus on learning open chords at first, and just practice a LOT. For the first 7 or 8 years I was learning, I played at LEAST an hour, every single day. Now I just don't have the time, and will sometimes not play for a few days in between.

Nah cant help u but.. if u ever consider playing Keyboard/ piano

u can always come to me :P and i can teach u the basics :).

Oh man, I just bought a keyboard about 6 months ago. I play it fairly frequently - but wish I knew music theory and how to read music. I've tried repeatedly to teach myself to read music but I just can't do it.

I generally just listen to a song a LOT and figure out the notes by ear. I'd love some tips/help on figuring out how to do it much easier than that ;)