Graphic Settings Resetting

Murtha

Question

When I use an autoexec.cfg, every time I load DoD:S my graphics get reset. Not only that, but they get weird too: chat boxes get resized, text in the game chat and on the voice label gets super tiny. All sorts of weirdness. Any thoughts? My autoexec.cfg only has in it exactly what the LERP post says too in this thread: LERP post.

6 answers to this question

Thanks for the responses.

But yeah, it does happen every time, regardless of restarts or whatever. If I were to enter the commands into the console each time I start the game, I am guessing the graphics would stay at whatever they were, but is that worth it you think? (Fixing the LERP thing worth it I mean)

Thanks for the responses.

But yeah, it does happen every time, regardless of restarts or whatever. If I were to enter the commands into the console each time I start the game, I am guessing the graphics would stay at whatever they were, but is that worth it you think? (Fixing the LERP thing worth it I mean)

My autoexec has pretty much those same commands (with a couple others)

The only thing I'm NOT sure of is the cl_interp_all command. I really have never seen that command used or discussed a lot. Every other one of those I regularly see discussed in setting up someones LERP.

Also, I do think LERP setup is an important part of the game, although some could probably debate it in circles. Setting your lerp properly makes the hitboxes of the players closer to the player you see on the screen, which essentially means better/more hit registration when properly setup.

So I think it's worth it.

Out of curiosity - if you remove the autoexec, and let the game run on 'default' settings, do the graphics do that?

I'm still a bit perplexed because each of those commands you have in your autoexec are more network related commands than anything, and don't/shouldn't have any effect on your graphics performance/setup.

So, I'm curious about a couple things...

A) What happens if you just move the autoexec out of that folder (so the game runs as 'default' settings), the same thing?

B) What happens if you remove just the command cl_interp_all 1 ? Same issue?