Have you thanked a Veteran today?

Ware

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...0053000434.html

RIP Corporal Jacob C. Leicht, he was the 1000th US service member to die fighting for our freedom in Afghanistan.

He was a friend of mine, I was one of the 1st Responders when he hit the IED in Iraq in 2007, that incident almost cost him his left leg, but he fought tooth and nail for 2 long years through physical therapy so he would be able to deploy again. This was his 1st since then he had been there for 1 month when he stepped on a land mine, he was a good Marine and an even better man, he was a friend, a Warrior, and he died a Hero.

Any member, man or woman, in uniform is a brother or sister in arms. Anyone that falls, it hurts for all members. Even harder when you lose someone close to you. Let all those that have fallen never be forgotten from the past to the present. May peace be with their families.

RIP SFC Brozovich KIA 18 October 2006, Diyala Province, Iraq (Double stack AT-Mine on a pressure plate)

RIP SPC Maresh KIA 24 April 2007, Diyala Province, Iraq (Gunshot to the head)

I always, ALWAYS, say thank you to anyone I see in uniform. They're doing a job most won't, or are too scared to.

My ex-wife's brother was a marine, and his friend was hit while overseas. He's alive thankfully... but he definitely paid a heavy price (lost fingers, use of one leg, etc).

Everyone in uniform should always be held in the highest regard and respected, even if they no longer serve.