Idea

Legend

The problem with this idea is that Admin is a responsibility that the Officers decide who can handle. Unfortunately, if volunteers were accepted it would undermine the process. Interesting idea that deserves credit, I just don't know if it would work.

Yah ur right, mabey we need get get incentives for unit members and the admins or MP's to play during the night, so we can get a good base of regulars

Yea I vote for this and I'll gladly help out :P

We can vote random people because secheduals are crazy, so we should set up an incentive for admins n unit members to play on the odd hours of the night. The higher ranking members can think of incentives, and iam sure if its good people will we willing and want to play during the night. I am sure this will work to bring our server to top rank, Next Level ZEFF

I too feel that this would be a wonderful idea if worked out properly. Rank shouldn't be an issue as it doesn't mean your level of maturity. So members volunteer for a time slot and the officers of other leadership can give a complete briefing on what is expected of an admin/MP. Then before they are left to there shift they shadow and perhaps are allowed to have limited admin during high play time and they can get on the job training on what is proper. Then after the probation period they are allowed there shift. Your incentive for lower ranks proper use of admin duties would be perhaps a day or few hours of your choosing when you have no wep restrictions.

I like the Idea, and at the same time I don't.

The idea that any member can volunteer for overnight duty is nice because there are many times burning the late night oil that I've wished an Admin was on, instead of just posting in the MP section.

The idea that any member can volunteer for overnight also freaks me the fuck out because there are a lot of late nighter regulars that are a blast to play with, but I would worry about them getting too zealous in their duties. The restraint I believe (and hope) is what is instilled in the active MPs in order to allow them to do their duty while still keeping the pub fun. Unnecessary Perma-bans, mutes, blinds and whatnot can really kill a server. And if you restrict volunteers to smaller admin capabilities it undermines their ability to be an effective admin when the time comes for it.

Has its pluses and its minuses.

I like the Idea, and at the same time I don't.

The idea that any member can volunteer for overnight duty is nice because there are many times burning the late night oil that I've wished an Admin was on, instead of just posting in the MP section.

The idea that any member can volunteer for overnight also freaks me the fuck out because there are a lot of late nighter regulars that are a blast to play with, but I would worry about them getting too zealous in their duties. The restraint I believe (and hope) is what is instilled in the active MPs in order to allow them to do their duty while still keeping the pub fun. Unnecessary Perma-bans, mutes, blinds and whatnot can really kill a server. And if you restrict volunteers to smaller admin capabilities it undermines their ability to be an effective admin when the time comes for it.

Has its pluses and its minuses.

Well, we should definatly make sure the admins are fit, and i believe if we do this temporarly, we will build a big enough regular's to help the server and our unit become bigger and more sufficent. Also the open realisms we held helped get pubbers interested in what we do.

This is definitely need we were playing with 10-12 people on and we had one team killer, and one mic spamming team killer. I tried forums vent and steam groups to look for admin by the time someone had gotten the message it was too late they left. luckily i got the steam id's and posted a request. the problem is they cleared out the server except me and recruit berg.